Following on from our attendance at the London Roadshow in February, we will be attending a number of our NHS Client sites on the 26 March to promote NHS Sustainability Day.
Our teams will be enticing NHS professionals with thought provoking information, providing ideas on how to implement sustainability practices and provide actual information about the Trusts energy consumption.
The key message throughout the day is to remember all change starts with a single action, so why wait, start making those changes now!
Here are few ideas to get you started
- Switching off all non essential equipment in an office for one night saves enough energy to run a small car for 100 miles.
- It is a myth that turning down an air conditioning thermostat as low as it can go will cool a building more quickly, so set thermostats correctly and educate staff to use equipment properly.
- By optimising the air supply in one theatre alone, a Trust can save around £5,000 a year.
- Office lights left on overnight use enough energy in a year to heat a home for almost five months.
- A dripping hot water tap wastes energy and in one week, wastes enough hot water to fill half a bath.
Do feel proud of yourself, small changes can make a big impact on reducing carbon dioxide emissions.